Wednesday, March 7, 2007

salon du l'agriculture

I think the photo link was cut off again, so here the address for my alps photos below and the actual like above. Good luck...

Today I took the kids to the Salon du l'agriculture, which is a huge expo that goes on for three weeks in which the countryside basically comes to Paris. It was my first outing with just the kids and no one else and I had a great time! It is Wednesday, so no school and we had to take two different metros for about 20mins each to get there. We all got along fine, no one had any huge breakdowns (only tiny, normal ones) and no one got lost! We also spent probably about 4 hours there. The expo is kind of a combination state fair/farmers market and it is HUGE. The kids loved all the horses, pigs, cows, etc. and I loved the specialty food part. For lunch we ate up in the food pavillion and had thai actually (the kids all put the kabash on any of the local stuff). For dessert we had lemon and strawberry Italian gelato. mmmm. Anyway, not too eventful and tomorrow everyone has to go back to school.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/album?c=lauren.gross&aid=
576460762391742412&pid=&wtok=ION0B0uUV
1pBjAiO0SpIxQ--&ts=1172763025&.src=ph

1 comment:

Renee said...

salon du l'agriculture, they had the same thing at the Mancos expo center too, except I didn't go, and there were more tractors than animals. My arms hurt from building some rock stairs today in the Canyon of the Ancients and I miss you! Hope you are well...