Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Je ne sais pa...

I haven't really written much about my language classes. So, here's the latest... Finally I feel like I understand what is going on in class. The time line is a bit confusing, but basically, I started in one class that had been going for four weeks already. Then, switched into another class that was faster, but had just begun. While the first class was on holiday, I continued in the second class. After that month, the second class was over and I went back to the first class AND joined a conversation class. Several of the concepts have been overlapping and I feel like I'm starting to catch on. This is not the case still when I try to use French in the real world, though I have to say it is really nice to not dread going to class everyday for fear of not knowing what the heck is going on. We will see how I feel tomorrow or the next day though...

So today we (Denis and I) took the kids to the public library. It was pretty fun, but we didn't stay long. They have books in English for adults and kids, which is great because I was running out of bedtime stories for them. After the library, Denis had to go to work, so we ate lunch then went to the local pool. In Paris, there are several pools for pretty cheap, and one is only a couple blocks from the house. We had a great time playing cat and marco polo then came home and had afternoon tea (which really means eating some sort of freshly made pastry).

Oh, and I'm going to Italy next month. I'm playing in an ultimate frisbee tournament on the Adriatic Sea. Yes, the family has holiday for another two weeks and so do I. Buhahaha. I fly out the 5th because flying was actually cheaper than taking the train (40euros roundtrip!) and will be playing/partying for 5 days in Rimini. After, I hope to check out Florence, or I think one of my team members lives next to lake Como. We shall see. So, I'm playing with an Asian team that I found out about through a woman I met here in Paris who is from California. Crazy.
A tout a l'heur...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.