Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Fairy Tooth

Those crazy French and their verb/adjective order. This morning we discovered that Elliot lost his front tooth during the night. It was the first one that didn't have to be pulled out and he lost on his own. It was very exciting and tonight the fairy tooth is coming to leave one euro under his pillow. I'll have to take a picture and post it.

Last week was pretty good over all. Anne-Marie was freaking out Friday because she lost her passport, but it turned out she dropped it at the metro station and will have it back by next week. The weather has been incredibly shitty and cold, which makes for lots of indoor activities. These indoor activities include: using Lauren as a jungle gym, yelling, playing the new shoe game, which is one boy on each foot and I walk around (my legs are going to be so strong after this), playing Uno, playing teacher, and generally running a muck. Actually, it isn't that bad and the little ones are pretty fun to play with (when they're not fighting). Next week AM is going out of town for 4 days! I will be taking care of them on my own for the whole time. I'm not too worried about it though. It's not going to be much different than what I'm already doing. And, in two weeks, it will be school holiday and I will be off to Italy!

Oh, I forgot to mention what I had them call me when we play school. So I am the professor of course and they are the students. When they asked what they should call me, the first thing that came to my mind was Mrs. Intelligent. So, that's my name when we play school. I have to say, it's really hard not to bust out laughing every time one of them says, "ooh, ooh Mrs. Intelligent!" with their hands raised. Ah, this job does have some perks. Like the other night, Elliot was eager to help, so I showed him how to wash the dishes that can't go in the dish washer. He's happy, I'm happy, everyone wins. Then there was Chloe in the back ground walking around with her hand on her forehead making chirping sounds saying, "look I'm an emu". Ah, if only we could get away with walking around like emus everywhere we go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love it, Loz!

Anonymous said...

Let me know if Elliot has any problems dealing with the Tooth Fairy. Although she can be a little bitchy at times,I know how to handle her!! Marialena and I send our love--it sounds like all is going well!