Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Parapente



Just wanted to post some picts of last weekend. A while ago when I was skiing at Chamonix I saw these people with parachutes just run off the side of the mountain and land at a spot just below. I thought it looked so cool and felt the need deep within me to experience that. So, I looked around the internet for places who do it and found one at Villars in the Suisse Alps who do it all the time. I convinced my friend Andrea to come with me (though she ended up bailing at the last minute) and went for it last Sunday. The experience was soooo cool! You really can't get any closer to flying. There was one time where the instructor did a swooping turn and stopped just for a second in mid air before the chute caught the up draft again. Such a cool feeling. I have to admit I did feel a bit queezy at times, but that could have been from not sleeping much the night before (another birthday party). As for upcoming plans, I am still waiting my instructions for Italy, but I don't have to be there until the 17th of May and my last day here will probably be the 8th. In between that just dunno yet, which is exactly how I like it ;)

1 comment:

Jessica Branning-Hurlbut said...

I thought the parachute picture near the Alps was a huge Slip N' Slide! How fun would that be?! When you were done with your jump did you dance around singing the Sound of Music? :)