Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's Springing!

It constantly amazes me how efficiently destructive kids can be. I mean I will have picked up after them after breakfast, go do the dishes for maybe 10 minutes and come back to what looks like an explosion of toys. Ugh. And they always want to play tickle monster or run around the house. I wish there was some sort of giant hamster wheel that they can just run on for a while. Imagine the alternative energy possibilities! I mean all that untapped energy...

Today is the 5th and last day that I will have the kids to myself. As far as kids go, these two are pretty easy to take care of, but man, I am not ready for all this domestic stuff. Sometimes I just want to do things on the internet or read, but I can't because they want to do puzzles or play talent show (I'll explain some other time) or whatever else. The look Kellen gives me when he wants me to do something and I say no or say I'll be there in a second is really great. He tilts his head and scrunches up his face and says, "That's not a good choice." They can be such little nuts sometimes.

Luckily for me the weather has been brilliant and we've been able to play outside a lot. Saturday I took them to a frisbee tournament. They didn't really watch any frisbee, but they liked dancing to the music being played over the speakers and running around in the grass. I enjoyed it too because I did get to watch a little frisbee (even though it was very low level) and walking on the little beach next to the lake.

A bit more about Switzerland: I've sucumbed to the iced tea pressure. The Swiss have a strange relationship to iced tea and other alternative sweet drinks, which can be deduced by the walls and walls of them at the grocery store. They have this one drink called Rivella which is made from milk byproducts (i.e. lactose). It sounds disgusting, but is surprisingly refreshing. Also, I went away last weekend to Annecy and came back to spring! Everything is starting to bloom and blossom and it makes my little heart really happy. Though it didn't do much for allergies ;o( I returned my skis last week and am ready for a bit warmer weather! This week Dave's parents are coming and next week my good friend Amanda is coming. There is a lot of good stuff on the horizon and I'm looking forward to it.

More about speeding tickets and upcoming travels later...

No comments: