Friday, April 18, 2008

More Plans...

So I got my instructions for Italy! I have to be at the train station in Verona at 5:30 on the 18th. The organization is called CADIP (Canadian Alliance for Development Initiatives and Projects). The Description of the actual project is below...

"During the work camp, volunteers, will build solar oven, using recycled materials to be used by Legambiente for its future national work camps. Furthermore, olunteers will participate in a project related to can recycle and reuse and will work with disabled local volunteers. Specific and professional experience is not required, but volunteers must be strongly motivated to work with other people and be willing to meet new cultures. Volunteers will also attend evironmental education work shop about eco washing powder making or waste recycling, in order to improve environmental education and to learn values compatible with a sustainable way of living."

As for happenings in Geneva, the weather sucks. I can't even tell you how much I'm looking forward to warm weather. I stopped taking French classes because the term was over and I can't afford to pay for more. I enjoyed it a lot and miss the people and my instructor, though I did meet up with her a couple times for coffee outside of the course. This weekend I may go to Annecy to couchsurf with some guys that I met here or I may take the car and just check out more of Switzerland. I dunno. I have to work all next weekend because Dave and Kimberly are going to Portugal for 4 days. Yup, I'll have the little ones all to myself. I'm not worried though, I think we'll have a good time. I'm still in the midst of planning my after Italy adventures, but I talked to a guy whom I went to school with at OSU (who is Spanish and lives 30km outside of Madrid). He said he'll be there in June, so that'll probably be my next stop. That's it for now...

No comments: