Thursday, May 3, 2007

Energetique

Holy crap the kids have a lot of energy! Tuesday was a bank holiday and AM had to work, so that means all day babysitting (about 8am til 9pm) then all day again on Wednesday and this evening too because AM came home late. I know I've said this already, but thank the lord the weather is nice! At least I can let them run free at the park for a few hours, though that actually seemed to give them more energy. We played at the park for over 4 hours on Tuesday and I swear they came home with more energy than they started with. Yesterday, we were going to go to the Natural History Museum, but got sidetracked by the zoo that is there and ended up spending the afternoon with real animals instead of prehistoric ones. Tonight was not so different than any other night, other than the kids seemed especially rambunctious. They definitely behave better when their mom is around, but jeesh! every other phrase out of my mouth was telling them to sit back down or lower their voices, etc. Elliot especially jumps up every few minutes. I swear he has springs in his bum or something! Oh, and get this, last night Chloe was kidding around and lightly punched me on the arm. Without thinking, I said something to the effect of, "ah, that's nice, you don't hit as hard as Elliot." So what does she do?? she pulls back her arm and punches me really hard in my shoulder! I couldn't believe she did that! I wasn't really angry, but I was definitely not happy, and I told her so! She just giggled and went back to her dinner. Anyway, the point is I am worn out! I spent half my energy playing with them, and the other half trying to make them settle down. Perhaps I shouldn't egg them on, but why should they get to have all the fun? plus they're going to be rambunctious anyway because that's what they do.

There are few things that I regret. One of them, however, is teaching them a little poem after burping. It was cute the first couple times; now that they burp on purpose just to say the poem, it's not as cute. And, I suppose I can't write this without writing the poem, so read on mon amis, it's at the bottom, below the pictures. I can't believe what I remember from childhood. There are songs, poems, games, and arts and crafts that I haven't even thought of since I was 6! I guess my memory isn't as bad as I thought it was. Well long term memory anyway, my short term one is well occupied with French vocabulary at the moment and we will see in a couple months how well that is working...

Here's some picts from this week:






Poem:
Excuse me that was very rude, it was not me, it was my food. It got so lonely down below, it just came up to say "Hello".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lozy,

We just love ya. You gonna be in Fraunce in late Dec? If so, we might come see ya. We may be go-en to It-ly.


"what's a matter with him...does he have a cleft asshole or something?"