Monday, April 30, 2007

See Blog Title

Je suis retournee a paris semaine dernier pour travaille. Je voudrais continue mon vacance, mais je ne peux pas.

Last week was a bit rough. My feelings of relaxation from the holiday disappeared very quickly. I was stressed out about which language classes I was going to continue with, I was stressed out about my money situation and I was getting a bit homesick also. In addition to that, I had to take care of the kids and I felt like something was off between Anne-Marie and I. I know that she is very busy and sometimes I think I take things too personally/seriously. I just had an overall feeling of, I guess the best way to put it is discontentment. It's not exactly it, but I just can't put my finger on it. I kept asking myself why I am here and can I really keep doing this...blah blah blah. Then Saturday came and the kids were with their dad. My foot was feeling better, so I went for a run in the park. Then Saturday night I helped AM clean the house then we had a nice dinner of pasta with pesto (what I brought back from Italy) and wine. Running is always good for clearing the head and it was nice to spend time with just Anne-Marie without the kids around. I also went out with some friends from class Saturday night. All in all, it was a good mental health weekend. Today is Monday again, and I've gotten my class situation handled and have decided not to worry about money and just go with the experience (though we'll see how long that lasts). I've worked it out with Anne-Marie to stay on for the next school year also. So, I will be working until the end of June then have July and August off and start work again (in the new house) next September. This means I will be coming back to the states in August for Kyle's (my stepbrother) wedding, but probably won't be back in Portland until Christmas time to visit (maybe). That also means that gives you all more time to come visit me, so get on it! Despite all this, the kids and I do have some pretty fun times. Below are some more pictures of the kids that I took the day we all came back from vacation...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Strikes and Gutters...strikes & gutters. Those pictures are hilarious and am not surprised you opted for the devil horns. You're a damn rascal, you know that?

message for the week:
'pacifism is not something to hide behind'