Monday, January 29, 2007

Connexion

After a very long couple of days I finally arrived in Paris yesterday. I received the documents from the French Department of Labor, then made my way to San Fran to get my visa. After staying the night in SF, I flew back to Portland, then left that night to fly to New York. I got to NY at 8am and hung out with my aunt and uncle and kate for the day already starting to feel a bit jet lagged. I took the red eye to Paris that night and arrived in Paris yesterday (Sunday) afternoon. It is amazingly easy to go through customes here. All you do is give them your entry ticket and they tell you to go ahead in. Perhaps it's harder to leave. I am already starting to get over my jet lag I think. It really sucks being sick and feeling like you have constant car sickness.

Pablo is helping me type this part. In his perfect Australian accent, he is telling me to write about the wasp eating the spider. Referring to the picture I showed him from Peru yesterday. The wasp was smaller, but was still eating the spider anyway.

My goal for this blog is to write what is going on with me as I am experiencing living and working in another culture. It is already pretty confronting and I find myself feeling very awkward and not confident. Anne-Marie seems very willing to help get things set up for me, but she is working and I am working for her. I feel like I should be able to do things for myself, unfortunatley though I don't speak French.

On that note, apparently the school I am supposed to attend does not have a spot available for me until April. I'm being called away to play, so more later...

No comments: