Monday, May 26, 2008

Just like Romeo and Juliette

Caio!
Made my way from Geneva to Verona alternating renegade camping and staying in hostels. The weather and the scenery was absolutely beautiful! My route took me to Martigny the first day, then over to Brig. Into Italy for an hour then back to Suisse. I spend a lovely night next to lake maggiore and walked across the boarder into Italy for good the next morning. I took the train to Milan from Luino and spent a rainy day in the city. The next day I made my way to Verona where I spent two nights in hostels before hooking up with the volunteer group.

The group is awsome! There are 10 of us staying in the house that Legambiente owns(the orgainization that I am volunteering for). I am building solar ovens along with a french man, a mexican man, three korean girls, a russian woman and two finish girls. I am having a great time and will be sad to leave i think. The work is pretty easy and we all share cooking-cleaning responsibilities every day. There is not too much choice for food though i.e. pasta, risoto, salad, pasta with oil, risoto with sauce, pasta with garlic, salad...

I will post pictures when I remember to bring my memory stick to the internet place. Alas, my time is running out again, so I will write more later in the week.

1 comment:

helene said...

VERY BIG mistake!
You can remember Jean Claude as the french man, but you have forgotten ME, the french girl!
I can forgive you this... :)
I like your blog, we can see that you've lived so many interesting things. And CONGRATULATIONS for this school in Rotterdam, you're right it's a new life which is beginning for you. Good luck
Kiss