Saturday, November 10, 2007

Muesli in the Morning

Below this post is the post I wrote in Geneve, but never posted, so read on mon amie

I made it to the farm. So, so nice to be out in the countryside! When I got here there were two other woofers one girl from the US and a guy from Vietnam. Funny, the guy from Vietnam came here to improve his English. I came here to work on my French…since, as it turns out, both Philip and Saundra lived in England/Canada, looks like he is going to get more practice than me. Well, I can work on my French if I want. Both kids speak it as well as the adults, so I will just have to force myself to. The work hasn’t been too exciting so far; just clearing the weeds away from the vines so Philip can prune them, scraping paint off the shutters, and making apple pies. We start work at 8, work outside all day and usually eat dinner at 8 or so with lunch of course around 1pm. My back is incredibly sore, but my soul is happy. Did I mention how great it was to not be in the city? Wondering about the blog title? Well, that is all we get for breakfast. The woofers stay in a little house not attached to the main house. It has two bedrooms and an office. I am staying in the caravan because the other two rooms are taken. Tomorrow (Saturday) is my day off, both of the woofers are leaving and I will be left all to myself. This means that I won’t have anyone to talk to while pulling weeds, but it also means I get to move inside. So, c’est la vie. I dig the girl from the US, Caroline. She has been here for about 2 months and is going to Barcelona after this to teach English to kids. Philip and Saundra have a boy and a girl 7 and 9. They are really cool kids too. Despite the occasional upset, they are pretty chill and intelligent. I am really enjoying hanging with them. So, that’s what’s up for now. I don’t have internet access, so I can only check emails now when I go into town and I will only be able to go into town on my day off. Until next Saturday then…

No comments: