Sunday, July 22, 2007

Route du Vin









Here are some recent picts of my adventures with the rents. I would love to run down the itinerary, but we packed so much into the two weeks that they were here, it would take me far too long, and I just don't have the attention span. The highlights for me were visiting the little wineries in the Loire Valley, taking the train to Strasbourg then renting a car and driving all over Alsace. We at tons of great food and shared a bottle of lovely French wine almost every night. I don't know what I'm going to eat when I leave this country. It's definitely going to be a bummer. The pictures above are not in chronological order, but give a good sum up of what went on. They are of a cave we visited, the February weather in front of St. Michel fountain, one of the many little French towns along the route du vin in Alsace (Riquire I think). Funny, most of the towns had German names and a German feeling to them. Probably because they used to be part of Germany. Anyway, back to the pictures...there's one of the Tower Eiffel during Bastille Day, a winery, me in front of the Chateau Saumur, the rents and I at Monet's garden, one of the many sunflower fields, and a picture of the different parts of la vache for good measure.

As for future plans, I am going camping in Normandy next week, then visiting friends in Germany, going back to the US for Kyle's wedding for a couple weeks in August, coming back to Paris for September to Nanny (just for the month) and then not sure. I will see as it comes...

No comments: