Saturday, June 16, 2007

I spy with my little eye something that starts with "S"

Some think that a quiche is egg with some cream/veggis/meat, etc. I am here to let you know, that the egg surves only as a means to keep the cream together and in the crust...the flour is there soley to hold the butter in. Such a wonderful thing.

This week and next the grandparents are staying with us. AM is in Prague for work and didn't want to leave me alone with all three kids for two solid weeks. It's great because the grandma is a great cook and they love to take care of the kids. This means I eat well, and finally after being here since February, I am able to go do things with friends in the evenings. Yeah, I could a bit before too, but I couldn't plan anything because I didn't know if I would be needed to get them ready for bed, take showers, etc.

Last weekend and this week were pretty non eventful. I went for runs and hung out with the little ones. Tuesday evening I went to a conversation exchange and hope to keep doing that every week because I really like the people and it's close to my house.

Today I went to the forest with some people that I met through the meet up group. We had a picnic and climbed boulders and played frisbee all afternoon. It was so wonderful to get out of the city again. It took about an hour to get there and it rained a bit, but I didn't care. I wish we would have stayed the night, but alas, there are things to do and places to be. Tomorrow (Sunday) I don't have too much planned. My back is feeling better after tweeking it last week, so I might go for a little run. Cleaning the house and meeting my friend from Germany for a crepe is also on the list. Not too eventful. I went out for drinks the last two nights, so I think a night/day to chill is a good idea.

Next weekend I'm going to Italy again. I'll be staying with the neighbors that used to be here in Paris. Now they are living in a converted barn on an organic farm outside of Bologna. They've written me about it and it sounds wonderful! They are not the reason I'm going, but I'll write more about that after I get back. Soon the kids will be finished with school and I have yet to make solid plans about August. I would like to stay and work and practice my French. I still have a place to stay at the new apartment, I just have to work out the details. I'm sure something will turn up, it always does....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Do you see how you look like your Mother in that picture-unbelievable! Just thought I would catch up with your adventures-it doesn't seem like you have much time for bordom to set in.It's so great that you can just pop over to Italy,and other such places, without much ado.We are having another summer of golf saturation[NO planes--just putters].Hope all continues to go well. Love, Uncle Alan